16 oz barbecue sauce
¼ cup bourbon
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
1. Light the grill
and heat to medium-high
2. In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix
3. In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white
pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown
sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely
4. Put the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and then rub with
the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh
pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they're wooden).
5. Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5
minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
6. Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook
for an additional minute on each side.
7. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.