1 lb. 80/20 ground beef OR
90/10 ground beef
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
6 oz. water
1 24 oz. jar tomato puree
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Pinch of dried oregano
Pinch of onion powder
Pinch of garlic powder
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large stockpot, sauté
garlic until soft and fragrant in 2 tbsp. of olive oil,
about 2 minutes.
2. Throw your meat in with the garlic and brown until meat
has been thoroughly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper.
3. Pour in the tomato paste, tomato puree, and seasoning,
including the fresh basil. Stir to mix well. With the 6 oz.
can from the tomato paste, fill that with water and pour it
in the stockpot as well.
4. Let mixture simmer, uncovered, for 2 or more hours (the
longer the better, but minimum 2 hours), stirring
5. Serve hot over fresh pasta.