- wash oxtail pieces under running cold water, dry them with
- peel onions and chop fine.
- cut carrots, leek, celery and parsley root in rough
- peel garlic and cut in half.
- in a big and wide pan heat the oil.
- brown the ox tail pieces on high heat.
- add onions, brown them too, then add vegetable and garlic.
- add tomato paste, fry everything briefly, then add about 2
liter hot water, white wine, bay leaves, thyme and pepper
- cover the pan and let simmer for 2.5 hours.
- remove the oxtail pieces from the broth and drain the
broth through a sieve. Place broth in the same pot, set
- remove the soft meat from the bones and cut in small
pieces. Now take off the fat layer from the soup.
- before serving re-heat broth again, spice with salt,
pepper, cayenne pepper and sherry or port wine to taste.
- add meat pieces to the soup and heat again, don’t bring to
- cut chives in tiny pieces and add to the soup when it is
already in the soup bowl.