Wash and scrub the pigs feet well.
Remove hair by use of razor or by blowlamp
Place all the ingredients in a large boiling pot and
cover with water.
Bring water to a boil over medium high heat and then
reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover pot with lid and allow pigs feet to cook until
tender, about 2 to 3 hours.
While your meat is cooking stir constantly and skim
away any foam that develops.
When cooked allow to come off the boil and remove
the legs from the broth.
Allow to cool.
Remove the shin bones to obtain easily sliced rounds
of the cooked meat. Slice the meat into 0.5 cm (1/4")
thick rounds - See more at: http://ediblyasian.info/recipes/jokbal-korean-boiled-pig-trotters-#sthash.DleSGbhd.dpuf
1. Rinse pigs feet.use
knife to remove hairs from pig feet (as if scaling a
2. Place in pot, cover with water, boil for 30-45 mins
to remove froth.
3. Meanwhile -- finely chop (or use food processor) the
celery, onion, green onion, bell pepper, garlic -- may
also add relish, carrots, or any other vegetables -- Set
4. Pour out water, rinse pigs feet, and use knife to
remove any remaining hairs.
5. Rinse out pot, put pigs feet back in pot, cover with
water and boil for 30 mins. (This can be skipped if
desired, but wont be as tender).
6. Pour out water, rinse pigs feet and rinse pot.
7. Place back in pot with chopped vegetables, beans,
bouillons -- Cover with water and season to taste with
salt, pepper, and seasonings.
8. *** NOW IS THE TIME TO ADD PIGS TAILS IF
9. Bring to a boil on medium heat, cover and
occassionaly stir for 2 hours -- Bring to low heat for
last 1 hour.
10. ** YOU WILL NEED TO ADD WATER TO STEW AS IT
11. Serve over a bed of white rice.