1.5 to 2 lbs round steak,
thinly sliced (the more thinly they are sliced, the less
cooking time is required)
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1 onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
32 oz low-sodium beef broth
6 French rolls
12 slices of Provolone, American, or other cheese
1. Rub the steak with pepper
and garlic powder. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Add onion, bell pepper and beef broth.
3. Stir to mix.
4. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
5. Toast open rolls for several minutes until slightly
6. Lay a piece of cheese on both sides of the roll.
7. Use tongs to remove meat, onions and bell pepper from
slow cooker (letting juices drip off) and pile on top of
8. Return to the oven to melt cheese.
9. Serve hot!