1. Grease the inside of the crock with coconut oil.
2. Trim fat from the chicken thighs.
3. Prep veggies: mince the garlic, seed and slice the bell
pepper, slice the onion, dice the roma tomatoes, and mince
the jalapeños (you can add more jalapeños if you like,
remove some of the seeds, or omit completely.
4. Add half the veggies to the crock pot. Sprinkle with 1
tbsp Ras el Hanout.
5. Layer the chicken thighs in the middle. Sprinkle with
another 1 tbsp of the spices and the tomato paste.
6. Top with the remaining veggies and last tbsp of Ras el
Hanout. Pour can of tomatoes on top.
7. Set to low for 5-6 hours. Before removing from pot, break
up chicken thighs with a fork until it is shredded.
Ras el Hanout:
In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients until
combined well. Spice blend keeps in an airtight container at
cool room temperature 1 month.